Thursday, September 18, 2014

Book Review: If I Stay

Hey everyone, this post was supposed to go up last Friday. I thought I had scheduled it to go up but I didn't. Sorry about that. So you get a new post today and tomorrow. :) 







After seeing the trailer I decided I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie. Just the trailer makes me weepy, so I know I am going to need lots of tissues when I see the movie (which I have yet to see).



 If I Stay by Gayle Forman is narrated by 17 year old Mia. Mia and her family all have a unexpected day off and decide to venture out and visit family friends. On the way they get into a terrible accident and everything is forever changed.

This is a very touching story. Mia has a choice to make, a very difficult one. The actual present day story takes place in about a day. But we also flash back to different times in the past, and we are able to learn more about Mia and her family and friends. 

I think this book was very well written. It drew me in from the very beginning and kept me hooked till the end. 

I am currently reading the follow up to this book called Where She Went. 


~amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment