Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Review: Someday, Someday, Maybe







I was first drawn to this book because Lauren Graham (aka Lorlelai Gilmore) is the author. I loved me some Gilmore Girls back in the day (still do). The second reason I was drawn to it was the plot: A struggling actress in the 90s has only 6 months left to the deadline she has set for her self. Growing up in the 90s I dreamed of becoming an actress. 




For me the beginning was a bit slow going, but not anywhere near were I wanted to abandon reading the book. I also thought the story/characters were a bit predicable at times. 
I did still enjoy this book though. There were some funny lines/situations that would make me chuckle out loud. I liked the inside look into trying to break into acting and that it was set in the 90s before things like cell phones and social media. 

Would I recommend? Yes, especially if like me the 90s have a special place in your heart and you hoped you would be a star someday (someday, maybe). 

~amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment